PE lessons should include:
- A clear learning question that is shared with the children and focuses explicitly on the skills they will develop in that lesson.
- An appropriate warm-up and recovery period.
- Opportunities to observe, listen and comment on demonstrations from the teacher and performances from other children.
- Time for the children to master the skill they are focusing on and to learn the rules of the sport.
- A discussion that focuses on the 1 or 2 skills they have covered in that lesson, ensuring that all children have the opportunity to have their voice heard.
Teachers ensure that PE lessons at Aldbury School are accessible for all.