Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
What opportunities does my child have to access science learning outside of school hours?
- We run a Mad Science club after school club every Wednesday (3:15-4:15). If you would like further information regarding Mad Science, please ask in the office.
- Science homework is sent home once a term for you to complete with your child. This will be found in the ‘Science homework’ section. You will have at least 2 weeks to complete this homework and during this time, no other homework is set. We try to make sure that the experiments we suggest are easy to replicate at home using materials you are most likely to already have in your cupboards.
How do I know what my child is learning about in Science?
- Each class has a yearly curriculum map that is on display in the classrooms and is available to download on each class’ page. This shows what your child will be learning about throughout the year, including Science topics.
- For every topic that your child’s class is covering (such as Ancient Egyptians), you will be sent home a curriculum booklet. In this curriculum booklet, Science topics are also outlined.
- You will have opportunities to look at your child’s Science books at the parent exhibitions at the end of Science Week and during our open evening in the Summer Term.
- If at any point you are still unsure about what your child is learning in Science, please feel free to ask the class teacher.